Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mother's Day

The first Sunday of May it's mother's day around here. 

TV lottery adds remind us constantly from the middle of April onward, so you have to be really out of the loop to miss it. And, thankfully, Oath (or Partner, to be precise) didn't forget about it. I never thought I'd care about it, just the way I do not about my birthday, but I have to admit that I was so happy when Partner gave me the gift that it was ridiculous. I blame being far from my own family and friends, my "tribe".

So when yesterday Partner got home and handed me this, I was overjoyed:



A cherry tomato plant! Yay!!

Now, I do not like tomatos of any kind. They just do not taste right to me, and the textures are all weird and stuff. But I do not want Oath to dislike them just because I do, so I have to offer some to him. And what better to grow them myself, now that I'm starting a small windowsill garden and I am having so much fun with soil and seeds, pots and plants?
It's a gift that will keep on giving, to me and my family, and I love it.

To top it all off, Oath and I have gone for a walk at sunset: it was pretty warm (not wearing a coat felt so nice!) and the light was clear and golden, which made for some great photos. I couldn't resist taking one of our shadows, now that my little boy is about to start walking.

Mom, Oath and the stroller

It's been a lovely day.

So, happy mother's day to all the mommas, I hope your day has been good too!


Oath's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...