Thursday, October 4, 2012

Back to routine #1: plan

I do not think I have said it here yet, but I am a planner.

Sadly, I am only a planner, and have not a single speck of doer in me. This leaves me having grandiose, amazing plans... that I hardly ever carry on. Which is a pity, believe me, because I know they would work incredibly well if I could just follow through with them.

Oh, well. I am working on it.

So, following my usual inclination, I planned how to get back on the housekeeping bandwagon:

  1. First, I need to take our house from war zone to messy, just so I can really start working. I guesstimate that this can take me a week (which means I should be halfway through it right now. Umm... Errm... Yeah.)
  2. Then, I have to start over with my weekly tasks, to bring the house closer to normal (but not quite there yet). This should take another week.
  3. Next comes another week (I seem to like to plan by weeks, don't I?) of fake deep cleaning. You know, not only wiping but actually scrubbing, mopping on top of vacuuming... the kind of things that aren't really deep cleaning but that do not get done every time I clean.
  4. And, at last, maintaining. Once I've done the fake deep cleaning it should be easier to maintain the house in a decent state. And though we know that "should" doesn't always mean "will", I hope. 
This will take all of October, because I am going home 5 days on the middle of it, so my "Back to routine" mission will have to pause for a while. By the 31st everything should be as much under control as I can have it.

Which makes me think about November, and the plans of actually organizing something that I have for then... but that will have wait.


What about you? Do you have a special plan to get back on track or do you just jump back in where you left?

Oath's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...