Friday, November 2, 2012

Back to routine #4: where I failed (but it doesn't matter)

I planned, got my home to a "just messy" state, started over and then... failed. The fourth step of my back to routine plan never came to fruition.

I went a week back home so my family could see Oath (boy, it's that kid growing fast or what? He's not even 6 months old and he's already wearing 12 months old's clothes!) and when I came back the house was back in the disastrous state that made me start this "back to routine" series. Awful. Really, really bad.
I think what I had to learn this time is that I can't trust that Partner will keep things as I leave them. Because he won't. He may try, but he just does not see messes (I talked about that before, didn't I?) as I did not see them some years ago. Lucky me.
So,  the week that had to be used, supposedly, deep cleaning, was used getting the house to just messy again. I felt like I was watching a movie I had just watched. But what's a girl going to do? Cleaning is like a movie in repeat in the best of circumstances, too (in the worse it becomes a horror movie!) so I just started again without fussing too much.

And now I am somewhere in the middle of the process: NaNoWriMo started, and that never helps.

I have to say, though, that the first three parts of the plan worked, and that's much more than what would have happened if I hadn't even tried. So yay for trying, and let's start again!

Oath's Mom

1 comment:

  1. I do not think the sizes in kids' clothing run try especially during the baby stages. My boys were always at least 1 size up from their ages. Good for you in trying your plan again! I have come to realize that cleaning is on-going. No fun. I want to clean the house and be done with it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...