Monday, January 28, 2013

That thing I used to do on Mondays

Have I ever told you that I am not good at cooking for one? Well, just in case I haven't: I am not good at cooking for one. Not even at meal planning just for one. And, if that one is me, all the worse.

Partner is dieting again (or, now that we're two weeks into it and I've seen it work, I should rather say "eating better and healthier than me") so I am quite lost on the eating department.
You see, I am one of the (un)lucky people that do not have much hunger. I crave some things sometimes (mostly Nutella, to be honest), and there's food I like and I don't mind eating. But I don't like eating per se. I can skip meals without a second though, I can even forget that I am supposed to have those meals. This, and the fact that even when I eat much I do not gain weight easily, end up in the fact that I am underweight. And breastfeeding. So I am rapidly spiralling down and loosing too many pounds, too fast, when I should be gaining them. Damn.
So, I can't follow along Partner's diet, because I need carbs to (at least) maintain my weight. I even need junk food (note that junk food for me is, basically, Nutella sandwiches, boxed juices, soda and chips, not "real" junk food) to try to gain a bit.

But, at the very least, what I need is to suck it up, meal plan and follow the plan alone. Even if I don't like to.


Monday
  • Lunch: Farfalle with bacon, cheese and Caesar salad dressing
  • Dinner: Ham and cheese puff-pastry roll
Tuesday
  • Lunch: Rice with a "Taiwanese beef noodle sauce that I don't know the name of".
  • Dinner: Fish with caramelized onions
Wednesday
  • Lunch: Meatballs with mashed potatos
  • Dinner: Chicken fajitas
Thursday
  • Lunch: Pasta with tuna
  • Dinner: Homemade cheeseburgers
Friday
  • Lunch: Vegetables cream (possible brocoly, yuck, but I need to eat veggies too!)
  • Dinner: Ramen (with an extra egg, and maybe some Taiwanese sauce).
Saturday
  • Lunch: Chickpea salad
  • Dinner: Oven chicken drums with onion soup.
Sunday
  • Lunch: Homemade roasted pepper pizza
  • Dinner: Fish and cheese sticks, and salad




Oath's Mom

9 comments:

  1. I love your honesty! Taiwanese sauce that I don't know the name of...I know nothing about Taiwanese sauce. You totally could have made something up and I would have bought it. lol Lots of luck to you, it's hard enough to remember to eat when you are chasing a baby and you *do* have an appetite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I believe that honesty is key to grow as a person. The story about that sauce is that, when I was in University, one of my flatmates (a Taiwanese girl) had brought it from home, and we all loved it. But we were never able to learn the name of the sauce, so it ended up being known as "The Sauce" or "The Taiwanese Sauce". It can't be found around here, so ome days ago that friend sent me one can of it, and I'm using it a lot!

      Delete
    2. That's funny. It must be pretty good. :)

      Delete
  2. I think we must have checked out each other's menus at the same time! Ha! Yes-Nutella has become a staple in our house although I just found it a month ago. It makes me sad for all the time I missed out on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to have been around it since I was a child; back then Nutella was reserved for special occasions, since my mom didn't want us eating too much chocolate. But we only ever had Nutella, no other brands, because she (mom) loved Nutella as much as we did!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great week. Nutella has been my latest "I can't believe I didn't like this before" food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This happened to me with sushi and deep fried bananas. They taste so good now, but I didn't like them at first!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. It is very hard to menu plan for just one person or for a family with completely different tastes. You are doing a great job of it though! I love how you plan lunch as well as dinner. I love Nutella as well. However, I only like it on a spoon out of the jar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way Nutella is commonly eaten around here! Hot Nutella sandwiches are nice, too, if you put lots of nutella and heat them until it melts. So yummy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...