Friday, May 10, 2013

April evaluation

April's "Ready... Steady... Clean!" project at AMothersOath.blogspot.com


So, the kitchen month. It was a very short month, what with being two weeks away from home and starting studying right when I got back, but I managed to do some things. In fact, going by feeling alone, I manage to do quite a lot of things (we'll see if it's true, in the end!).

What did I do?
  • Tackle the bags drawer. Get rid of the ones that can't be reused and fold the other ones, so that they aren't trying to take over the whole kitchen. Restrain those bags, ma'am! I'm halfway through it, and I'm keeping up folding the new bags that come home, so I'll consider it mostly done.
  • Clean the cutlery drawer. It is the most organized part of the kitchen, so it might not need much more. Oops. Not done.
  • Put some kind of order in the mixer and the bowls drawers. Done. Also, I cleaned it.
  • Organize and clean the "plastic containers + mixing bowls + baking pans + everything else that fits here" big drawers. Done! As above, also cleaned.
  • Same for the tiny cutting boards and wrappers drawer. Uhh... No, not really.
  • Clean the pots and pans drawers. Done!
  • Brave the fridge! Get rid of leftovers and food past its date (if any), clean, reorganize. I had also started reorganizing, but then a big meal with friends came and Partner took over it, and now any semblance of order is gone.
  • Organize under the sink cabinet. If at all possible, replace chemicals with homemade cleaners. Not done. I managed to keep Oath very far away from it, though, does this count?
  • Buy/find some alphabet magnets Oath can play with. My mom has some in his kitchen and he loved them! Not done, I haven't found any that I liked!
  • Review the plans, see what worked and what didn't. Post. Doing it!
Well, what can I say? It certainly felt like more!

Now, I know why it is: I organized the entry shoe-rack-thingie drawer, and the one in the kitchen that's full of warranty papers that I didn't think of while doing the plan, plus the one with the stick blender, the elastics and kitchen towels, and such. I also organized half the pantry cabinets, which aren't many, but there was quite a lot of work there. And, completely unrelated, tackled Oath's room again as we gave the beds back to Partner's brother. Keeping all of this in mind, I'd say it's been quite a good month.

8.5/10 for me, for the effort!


Oath's mom

PS: And yes, as I said, I have photos... but they aren't really interesting and it does not feel like they fit. If you want to see them, though, just tell me!

2 comments:

  1. Try the Vilac magnets! We love them and they're so pretty. They're also quite safe because the magnet covers the whole back of the letter, rather than just having little magnets in a plastic shape that could fall out and get swallowed.

    Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TSON4M/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000TSON4M&linkCode=as2&tag=maroouliinsi-20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pretty indeed! Those small plastic letter with tiny magnets never felt safe enough, it's good to know that there a safer alternatives like this.
      Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep an eye on them so I can snatch some when there's some spending money!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...