Wednesday, July 18, 2012

We can fly! (no more procrastination)

Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos
As of today, Oath has a passport, so there's no more need for my family to keep worrying about if we'll be able to take the plane to visit them come August. 

I have to say I am a bit miffed that they were actually worrying about it, but I can't blame them: I'm known for leaving everything for the last minute, and sometimes that does not work as expected. For example, that time when I lost the chance to get a student grant because I waited till the last day to hand in the documentation, and that day I got lost and couldn't find the building where I had to hand the papers in. I ended up crying for hours on the street, and the shame made me wait several weeks to tell my mother (oh, the scolding!). 
So, yeah, they had reasons to worry.

I like to think I am getting better at actually doing things, but it's been a slow progress. I'm a planner, not a doer, and actually carrying out my plans takes a great deal of effort. And when it's things I dread that I have to do (like dealing with paperwork) it is even harder. I am doing it, though: when I got pregnant I had to start to go to doctors, make appointments, fill in forms... and now, with Oath here, it keeps going.
It feels weird to actually have everything needed done (except packing) two weeks prior to the flight: I bought the tickets, checked that everything that we'll need will be there (car seat, diapers, somewhere to sleep...), told my family and friends when we'll be over there... and, the last thing I could screw up with, the passport. I feel like I'm missing something big, but I can't put my finger on what. I guess it's just that I'm not accustomed to having it all ready.

As much as becoming a mother has made daily schedules and organization go wild, it has also pushed me to become a much more organized and reliable person on a deeper level. Now I might have a messy kitchen because I haven't figured out yet how to go about it, but the important things? They get done!


Oath's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...