Monday, September 17, 2012

Menu plan for one and a half

Our "trying to plan for a diet menu but not completely" did not work out, so things have changed around here. Partner will do the full diet and I will menu plan for me. Except when what I've planned is suitable to his diet parameters, or is easily adapted. Why? For a couple of reasons:
 
  1. Because I hate to cook only for one, so the less I have to do it the better.
  2. Because cooking two different dishes each meal is too much for me right now.
  3. Because I can't follow the same diet as him, as I am on the verge of underweight (I am healthy, as all the tests from childhood to now after birth confirm, it's just that I am very thin) and breastfeeding, so I need all the carbs I can get my hands on. So my diet has to have carbs, which is what his is cutting out, mostly.
  4. Because I want to support him, and eating a bunch of pasta in front of him every day (just an example, I do not actually eat pasta every day) when I know he will crave it... well, it does not sound supportive to me.
So I've tried to find a middle ground. After all, I can eat even more carbs when he's working, so it's not going to hurt me avoiding them in the main meals.


Monday
  • Lunch: Ground beef with pisto
  • Dinner: Monkfish with salad
Tuesday
  • Lunch: Pasta with tuna (just me)
  • Dinner: Chicken Strogonoff (just me or adapted for Partner)
Wednesday
  • Lunch:  Hamburguers
  • Dinner: Roasted peppers pizza (just me)
Thursday
  • Lunch: Rice "a la cubana" (just me)
  • Dinner: Soup (?)
Friday
  • Lunch: Vegetables cream
  • Dinner: Stuffed baked potatoes (just me)
Saturday
  • Lunch: Spaghetti carbonara (just me)
  • Dinner: Scrambled eggs frutti di mare
Sunday
  • Lunch: Leftovers
  • Dinner: Leftovers


I hope it works this time!

Linking up at I'm an Organizing Junkie.


Oath's Mom

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your menu! It is very hard when everyone in a household is eating very differently but you seem to have found a nice compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate with your menu planning/dieting issue. Its so hard when only 1 is dieting, I have to make different meals for us and I hate doing that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...