Friday, September 21, 2012

Yarn and hooks: first projects


 Everytime I start a new hobby, I give it my all for a while and then, suddenly, forget about it. At first, I feared it would be the same with crochet, but it's started stronger than usual, so I'm not so sure anymore.

I started learning one night on mid-August, when I asked my grandma to teach me. I don't know why, but it was easier than I thought and I was instantly in love. Thinking of all the possibilities made me giddy! All the hats I could do, all the socks and bags... Oh, the hours of fun that awaited me with a hook in one hand and a skein of yarn by my side.

And you know what? It was true. Even if I forget about it now, it has given me hours of fun already, and some useful things to boot, so it's been a win-win. Also, it is relaxing: falling on the couch, exhausted, at the end of the day, taking the project I'm working on and crocheting stitch after stitch... Some may say it's boring, I say it's kind of zen.

These photos are what I've done so far: a frog hat and a pair of leg warmers for Oath, a bag (about 17cm / 6.7 inches from top to bottom) for me for an upcoming LARP (the small black flower you can hardly see works as a button to fasten the flap!) and the tiny Cthulhu you can see at beginning of this post (around 7.5cm / 3 inches tall).


I don't know what to do next... A zebra hat? Another frog one for a friend? Or, even... for me? Can I get away with that?

Oath's Mom

(I used no patterns, except for the Cthulhu, the leaf and the white flower on the bag)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...