Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 25th Menu Plan

I am back on track!

To be honest, I've had this menu planned for about a month: my little sister G. is here this week, and we decided together what we were going to eat while she stayed with us. We also included a list of breakfasts she'd like to have, and so I'll share it with you too:


Monday
  • Lunch: Green beans with potato, peppers, zucchini, eggplant and tomato sauce.
  • Dinner: Meat and peas pies. Typical where I am from, my grandmother sent some with C.! So good.
Tuesday
  • Lunch: Macarroni with tuna, tomato and cheese.
  • Dinner: Sandwiches. Both Nutella and ham&cheese ones.
Wednesday
  • Lunch: Chicken fajitas.
  • Dinner: Fish with onions.
Thursday
  • Lunch: Rice "a la cubana" (egg, sausage, tomato sauce. She's not a fan of fried bananas)
  • Dinner: "Pizza-bread". Homemade (by my grandpa!) bread slices used as pizza bases. Easy, fast, and good!
Friday
  • Lunch: Burgers in buns with some extra salad.
  • Dinner: Puff pastry roll. Or braid, maybe.
Saturday
  • Lunch: Spaghetti with bacon
  • Dinner: Scrambled eggs with shrimps and surimi
Sunday
  • Lunch: Chicken Strogonoff & rice
  • Dinner: Salad

Possible breakfasts in no particular order
  • 3 minute chocolate cake-in-a-cup
  • Fried banana with chocolate ice-cream and drizzled raw honey
  • Mixed berries and strawberry yoghurt smoothie.
  • Croissants.
  • Eggs and bacon (this is so rare around here that we're not sure we'll dare!)
  • Oreo and chocolate milkshake.
  • Chocolate milk and biscuits.
  • Homemade lemon sponge-cake.
  • Mixed berry muffins.
  • Pancakes!
  • Crepes with sugar and lemon, courtesy of Partner. 

As you see, we have many more ideas for breakfast than days in the week, but it will all work out in the end (we can eat some of those as a mid-afternoon treat, can't we?)

Also, so I won't forget: I love it when somebody helps me meal plan! I can't wait until Oath is older and helps me with it (because Partner isn't much interested in it. As long as there's food on the table and it's not the same as the last day, he's fine.)
What about you? Do you prefer menu planning alone or are the other members of the family welcome to help?


Linking up at I'm an Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!


Oath's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...