Friday, March 1, 2013

February evaluation



 This "kid's room" month has been, in my opinion, a success. If you take a glimpse at the list it doesn't look much like it, but honestly, the things I haven't done are the small ones. I might have not gotten rid of the desk, but I have tidied it up and it looks like a desk again. I haven't even looked at "our" side of the closet, so the shoes and coats are still a mess, but Oath's side is all nice and pretty. At least, as nice and pretty as it gets around here! And my sister G. had a clear bed to sleep on, which was the ultimate point of this month's plan.

So:
  • Store the kid's clothes and bring them to the storage room, or to my in-laws, or somewhere they do not add to the mess in this room. Partly done.
  • While I'm at it, organize the clothes that still fit him and the next size, so the closet stops trying to spill its guts onto the room's floor. Done!
  • Organize the other side of the closet, with all the shoes and suitcases and coats.
  • Get rid of the desk and all the things on it. At least, of the things on it.
  • Keep the laundry routine going, closing the clothes' rack if the clothes are dry and the next load is not ready. It does not solve the problem, but at least some days it will look like the problem does not exist. Done!
  • Clean! Sweep, vacuum, mop, dust. While I am at it, clean the window too. Partly done.
  • Change the bed sheets, and make the beds. Done!
  • Review the plans, see what worked and what didn't. Post. Doing it!
Give myself an 8.5/10, because the big things got done and, even though it's not perfect, now I smile every time I enter the room. Ah, the joys of clear floor space! I have even started gathering ideas on Pinterest to slowly turn Oath's room into something I love... before he gets a say and I have to give in to his preferences. I shiver to think what will he become obsessed with (Pocoyo? Lightning McQueen? Who knows!), but there's no way to know yet. I'm sure I'll be notified, eventually, don't you think?

What about you? What have you done this month?


Oath's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...